Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Saddam Hung. Bush Next?

This is my first unofficial blog that I wrote, the night that Saddam Hussein was executed. So I thought I was fitting to include it as my first official post on this site. (written Dec. 29th-ish)

First of all let me go on record as saying Saddam did awful things while in power. At the same token, I am also against Capital Punishment of ANY kind. And in this day and age I find it disgusting that we are still hanging people.

Iraqi Prime Minister al-Maliki said "Our respect for human rights requires us to execute (Hussein), and there will be no review or delay in carrying out the sentence."
-hmmm... "our respect for human rights requires us to execute" ....this country is doomed.

Saddam Hussein was executed for crimes against humanity. How many other current and past world leaders fit this profile, especially our own [Abu Graib]. Why haven't they been put on trial as well? And sentenced to death in the name of humanity?
... Hello kettle, I'm pot - your black.

Saddam was put on trial by a puppet tribunal known as the New Iraqi Government, yet he still remained in US custody until his death. The verdict of his trial came conveniently at our mid-term elections. And now US troops are caught in the middle of a possible civil war, and military casualties pass the toll of those who died on Sept. 11th. The US media isn't even covering the total number of Iraqi civilians killed during this conflict, which is well over 650,000 people [http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/10/11/iraq.deaths/]. Who should be held accountable for those deaths, or are they not as important?


AGAIN I say I do not sympathize with Saddam Hussein, but it is clear that the region was way more stable and less chaotic with him in power. The reason for my anger stems from why we invaded the country in the 1st place as well as the process by which he was found guilty. And as a leader of a nation why should he be put on trial for doing what he sees as being in the best interest of his country? And if he can be placed on trial, then President Bush is just a susceptible to a trial as any other world leader.

with love,
The Ivory Poacher

No comments: